Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday Evening

Well, Josie had an exciting day. Her Pa and her cuddled for the first time today. Yup, he actually held her. We asked him what he thought, and he just grinned from ear to ear. They had her all dressed in her purple camo, and waiting for him when he got there.
I'm sure Josie loved it as much as her Pa did.
She has had a great day, has rested well, and has just been doing as she needs to be. I just got off the phone with the nurse and she said that she was getting ready to give her a bath, and weigh her and get her ready for bed. I will call back at 9:30 and see what her weight was for today!
Her blood levels from her liver enzymes have started to come down, so that is great news. Hopefully they will continue to do so in the next few days...
She's at 25% oxygen tonight, slowly coming down, but Josie likes to do things her way as we have learned in the past 7 weeks and 5 days. She is actually 35 weeks gestational age today. Hard to imagine that she should still be inside, but everything happens for a reason. I will just be glad when I figure out what the reason was that she had to come 13 weeks early, and fight so hard, for so long. It better be a good one. I'm sure it will be.. Well, I will update in a couple hours after I talk to the nurse again..

No comments:

Post a Comment