Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday

Well, Josie is still doing great! The Dr.'s are going to let her have a couple more days of rest and then they are going to try the nasal canula again. I think that she will do wonderful this time. I think they just tried to early last time.
She weighs 4 pounds 14 ounces, but the Dr. said that she is a little puffy, and they think most of that is her actual weight! ALMOST 5 pounds.... It's amazing. Is this really the same little girl who weighed 1 pound 10 weeks ago? It still amazes me everyday!
Josie is on a 27 calorie feeding and then twice a day she gets 30 calories. They are trying to beef her up so that she develops new lung tissue faster! I would say it's working! HA HA!!
So, she needs to rest all that she can in the next couple days, because she has to prove that she can do the nasal canula! As soon as she is on it again, they are going to allow her to start eating with the bottle. They will leave the ng tube in just incase it takes her a little while with the bottle, but the Dr.'s and I both think that she will take right to it! She loves sucking on her binki, but with eating off the bottle she has to know to suck swallow and breath all at the same time! She will do great though, I just know it. The sooner she gets to the nasal canula and eating from a bottle, the sooner she will be home. We can't wait.
I just wanted to take a minute and tell you all a little background story. If you look at Josie's guestbook, you will see a women by the name of Paula Adams. Paula is an RN from Southeastern Ohio Regional Medical Center. 7 years ago, my niece was born, after a very tramatic delivery that is. Paula was my sister-in-laws nurse. She was wonderful. I can remember my entire family talking about how wonderful she was, and my mom even wrote a letter to the CEO of the hospital to recognize that Paula was not just an average nurse. She was phenominal. Well years later when I was pregnant with our son Easton, I had severe gall bladder trouble and was in and out of the hospital everytime I turned around, and I had the opportunity to have Paula for a nurse numerous times, and yet again she prooved that she was above and beyond just your average nurse. I instantly felt such a connection with her, and she made such a rough and trying time much much easier. She felt like family, she is such a remarkable person, and I just love her to death. Well, during this experience with Josie, I had not been ill untill the weeks before I delivered her, adn up untill then I had not had the chance to see Paula and even let her know I was expecting. Well, on that Thursday before all the labs were back and before we knew what all was going on, I was lying in the bed talking to my mom and another nurse, and in through the door was Miss Paula. I instantle was relieved. She said that she was in another room, in a delivery, and she would see me soon, but she saw my name oin the list at the nurses station, and just had to come and say hi. She kissed me on the cheek, and gave me the biggest hug. Now, how many nurses do that. Paula is more than a nurse, she is one of the most wonderful people I know. I think that these nurses around here deserve much more credit then they are ever given. Paula if you get the chance to read this, I can't wait for you to meet little Miss Josie. You are amazing, and we will never foreget you. Please stay in touch. We Love You!!!
So, for now, that's all. Please continue to pray for Josie, and that the next few days go smooth for her...
Thank you all sooo much.

No comments:

Post a Comment