Friday, April 10, 2009

Thursday and Friday Morning Update

Well Sorry that I didn't get a chance to post for Thursday, but I spent the majority of my time with little Miss Josie. I am finding it harder and harder to leave her room, let alone leave the hospital to come home, but Easton is here, and he needs me also. I try to break my time up as much as I can and spend equal time with them both. It's hard, let me tell ya.
Well, the intentions for Thursday, or so we were mistold were that Josie was suppose to come off the c-pap and go to nasal canula. That's what one Dr. said, but when the other Dr. came in the room, he said that was not the intentions for that day. He wanted to let her relax on the c-pap for just a little while longer. He said that we all have to remember that her lungs are severely damaged from the infections, and the ventilator. She has to do things slow, and work up to things. We all agreed, please do not rush her. She(Josie) will let us know when it's safe.
So Thursday, she just relaxed, and enjoyed her crib, and listened to her CD player and lullaby's that the Easter Bunny brought her early. She love her music. She was at a pressure of 5 on c-pap running in about 27 % oxygen, and statting in the high 90's.

Today is Friday morning, and i just got off the phone with the nurse, and she is still doing GREAT! The Dr. is in the NICU, but has not made rounds yet, so I am waiting to see what the plans for today are. A new Dr. takes over rotation today, one that Josie has had many times before, but they work 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off for their rotations. So, the last time that she saw Josie, she was one sick little girl, and now she is not, so I am anxious to see what she has to say about her progress.
I am heading up there as soon as Dusty gets home from work. They are only working half a day today, so I will be heading out soon. He is going to spend the day with Easton and fill our eggs for our Easter egg hunt at my mom and dad's tomorrow night.
I will let you all know more here in a bit, and thank you everyone for EVERYTHING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment