Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wednesday Night

Well, Josie is doing great, and as far as we know, Friday is the big day. Finally after 3 1/2 months we are able to bring her home.
I have a lot to do, I am going to be her mom, and her nurse, but I am so ready, and i know that I can handle it. I just need her home.
So, I was rocking Easton tonight, and it dawned on me that tomorrow night will be the lase night that it is just the three of us. Don't get me wrong, we all want her home, but it is just a change, a good change, but it's change...... Easton is such a smart little boy, he is going to be just fine. He is potty training, and he is doing awesome, NO accidents in 4 days..... We are so proud of him.. It's hard to watch him grow up, I just wish he could stay small forever! He has done so well through all of this, it's just amazing to me how well he adjusts.
So, all my cleaning is done, and I will be receiving her oxygen and her apnea monitor tomorrow morning and then I am taking it to the hospital.
I said a few goodbyes to the nurses today that will not be there the day we go home. It was soooooooo hard, harder then I could ever imagine. The Nurse Practitioner that put Josie on the vent the night that she started to get so sick, Fran, we had a very emotional moment. I really feel that she saved Josie's life, that is she had not seen all the signs, then Josie might not be here. She will forever hold a very special place in our hearts.
So, were almost there. I can't believe that I actually survived the NICU! What a roller coaster! Friday will be the 100th day that Josie was in the NICU.. 100 DAYS! That is just crazy, but here we are preparing for her homecoming, we truly are blessed, and our prayers were definitely answered!
Again, we thank each and every one of you for your prayers. We love you all...

1 comment:

  1. That's great news that Friday is the day! What a wonderful feeling! It all changes when you go home! She's a big girl and has gained her strength, it will be the grown ups that will have an adjustment time;) Good luck tomorrow, we'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete