Friday, May 22, 2009

WE SURVIVED THE NICU!!! Friday Morning

So, today is here, and it is one of the most amazing days of my life. Finally after 100 long, long days in the NICU, and days of sitting in the chair holding Josie watching families come and go out of the NICU, it's FINALLY our turn. We will make our last trip to the Aultman NICU today. We will bring our little miracle home. Josie weighs 6 pounds 5.3 ounces and is doing great! She will get to meet her family today. I think that this is the most emotional day that I have had in a long time. I am just so excited to be able to walk out of there today, it is so hard to explain. For those of you who have lived in the NICU experience, you know just what I am feeling, and for those who have followed our journey, you can only imagine. I thank each and everyone of you for all your prayers, I know that I have said it before, but I will say it again. We really believe that it is the power of prayer that has made it possible for Josie's homecoming today..
So, we will leave here around 7:30 a.m. and get to Aultman around 9:00 a.m. and then shortly after that it will be my turn to become her full time Mommy, FINALLY!!!!
I think that a million people have asked me if I am nervous because Josie is going to come home on the oxygen and the apnea monitor. My answer is that, "No, I'm not nervous, but I am aware and on my toes, and will be for months an months to come. I am going to enjoy my 2 children, and make as many memories that I can with them. I am looking forward to holding both my babies today, and come home, and have us all under one roof."
So, I will post later tonight, when the kids are asleep, and tell you all about our day.
Thank you again to ALL of you, we love you all.....

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am SO happy for you! I know how exciting this day can be! Enjoy having both kiddos at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAHOO! Way to go Josie! Enjoy being home with your parents and big brother!

    ReplyDelete