Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday

Well, Josie continues to amaze us all. Almost 13 pounds, and is just a joy. She is wound for sound the moment her eyes open, just like her big brother Easton. Had her appointment with the pulminoligist Friday, and he wanted to take her off the oxygen completely, but I, as her mother, did not feel that she was ready for that. I don't want to rush her. She does great when it's off, but there are times that I KNOW she needs it. I have decided to just slowly ween her off, I let her have as much freedom as I think she need with it right now.
I have become a very active person with the March of Dimes since the birth of Josie. I guess I just feel that if I can help prevent one baby from going through, and fighting, like Josie did, then I will be happy. I have been working with Nikki from the Canton March of Dimes, and her and I are meeting with the corporate people next week, and getting a walk in our local area. I have set up our first support meeting for parents and family members from our area that have dealt with prematurity, birth defects and infant mortality. Our first meeting is scheduled for Thursday. I hope it's a huge success. We will be organizing the walk here, working on fundraising, and letting people know what they can do when there are faced with these certain obstacles.
Other than all that, we are all doing great. Just enjoying life with my children, and watching them grow and learn new things everyday.
I am asking for special prayers tonight, for a little baby boy that was born a week ago at 30 weeks. His name is Boston and he weighed 2 pounds 3 ounces and was 15 inches long. He was transfered to another NICU today, because he has to have surgery in the morning for a bowel obstruction. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers. We ALL know that the POWER OF PRAYER is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment