Wednesday, September 16, 2009

September-

Well, hard to believe that Josie is 7 months old now. Where has the time went? She is doing great. Still using the oxygen when she eats and sleeps,and sometimes if she wears herself out. She is on the go all the time, and her and Easton keep me on my toes.
She is just a little over 12 pounds now, and is growing like a weed. Crazy to look back at how much she has grown in the last few months.
Still getting her infusions once a month, but now that she has had the med port put in, it is much, much easier. It was hard to have to have her go through that but it really has benefited her the last couple times. She doesn't even know that she has been stuck with that HUGE needle, she just lays there smiling, sucking her fingers.
She loves to roll around, and loves to sit up, with a little help still, but that's ok, she is definitely getting the hang of it. She amazes me more and more everyday.
I have been working on my speech for the March of Dimes fundraiser coming up in October. It will be the first time that I have told her story to anyone other than family, but I am really looking forward to it. Also, we are working with the March of Dimes to have a walk in our local area. We are just starting, so no dates have been set yet, but as soon as they are, I will definitely post them. Also, a friend and myself who both have had preemie babies are thinking of starting a support group locally, not only for preemie parents and their families, but parents who's children have birth defects, and also parents and families who have lost their little angels. We are hoping that this will be a great success! The March of Dimes needs to be recognized, and we are hoping to help. I know deep down that if it had not been for the courageous strength of little Josie, the wonderful staff at Aultman hospital and the March of Dimes, Josie would not be with us today, and we as a a family will FOREVER be grateful to them all.
I have been looking through my pictures the last few nights getting them in order, and to this day, I still find it hard to swallow at times. I look and just think how in the world did we get through that. It really is a distant memory, until I look at those pictures.
She is absolutely amazing, and grows so much day to day. She looks and acts so much like Easton. They are going to be great buddies, I just know it. Hopefully they don't gang up on Dusty and I too much. LOL
So, we hope that you all are doing great, and we will update more as we get it. Thanks and Love to all who have been there with us the last 7 months, you know who you are, and we will always remember you all.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear josie is doing so well, I can't believe how big she looks! Way to go on being such an advocate for MOD! And for starting a support group, I still go to Aultman's Preemie Parent Connection and it is so nice to have that support. Hope Josie continues to grow and thrive!

    ReplyDelete